Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I BROKE UP WITH MY BOYFRIEND


This is my adorable niece, Claire. Clarie is 7 years old and already very experienced in the arena of LOVE and HEARTBREAK.

A few nights ago we were talking and she told me of a recent tragedy in her short little life.

Claire: "Aunt Debbie, did you know that I broke up with my boyfriend?"
Me: "No, Claire. I didn't even know that you had a boyfriend!"

Clarie: "Yeah, his name is Tyler. He was my boyfriend. But I broke up with him."

Me: "Oh. You broke up with him. How long were you "going out"?"

Claire: "We were going out a long time. But he made me mad."

Me: "What did he do?"

Claire: "He was mean to Germy (Jeremy mispronounced). They were fighting so I broke up with him. Germy says that he will play with me even though I want to marry him when I grow up. But I still love Tyler and I forgive him."
Me: "So Claire, you want to marry Jeremy but you love Tyler?"
Claire: "Yup!"
Ahhh-the joys of young love!

2 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

Haha, this is hilarious. Franco gave me your message~ if you're able to help before the shower if you're not sure what time you can go, I can definitely use the help! Thank you, Debbie :)

Ditte said...

Kids are so cute! Especially ones who "know it all"!