Friday, May 22, 2009

Jammin With My Girlfriend

Every woman needs a girlfriend who is younger, cuter and skinnier than
she is.
"Why?" You ask? Because there is NEVER a dull moment!I have a girlfriend like that. Her name is Heidi. I fondly refer to her as my "Diva" friend.
I invited her over to help me put up some strawberry jam. Why was I surprised when she came to my house with WHITE capri's, platform sandals and looking like, well, a DIVA? Still, I had to chuckle. Then I went into my pantry and found her an apron that matched her DIVA outfit. Anyone who knows me knows that I am all about COMFORTABLE AND PRACTICAL. So, I obviously dressed that way.
OOPS! Honestly-I threw---I mean dropped the spoon on accident!
Oh no! Did I get RED jam on your WHITE capri's???

I can't blame Heidi for burning the bottom of the pan. It's really difficult to concentrate on stirring when your wearing platforms, white capri's and look like you just stepped out of the Hair Dresser's chair.
Well, here is the end result! Lots of yummy jam!
I have more strawberries in the fridge.
I think I'll call Heidi and see if she wants to come over this afternoon.
Maybe she will wear a WHITE sundress this time!!!

5 comments:

Brittanie said...

You're so hilarious. I love Heidi!

Diane said...

Funny...I just saw 'Heidi" at Trader Joe's today! Think she had on heals!

Diane said...

Funny, I just saw" Heidi at Trader Joe's...Think she had on heals!

Meg said...

Its been a chuckle catching up on what you've been up to!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Hey! You don't know me but I was looking for someone online and found your blog and saw this post and the massive black ring on the bottom of your pan. I wasn't sure if you knew that making a baking powder/water paste and scrubbing with a hard, plastic bristle brush will get that out (sometimes you have to let the paste soak for a few minutes first). Some people like to use SOS pads but this is also another alternate idea. I also use baking soda to clean my stainless steel sink and it shines like new.

Anyways, just thought I'd pass that along. You're probably more wise than me and have a better, quicker way to remove it and if so, let me know! I'm all about simplicity.

My name is Allison by the way! Have a good weekend!